In this online course series, we will demonstrate advanced bike fit services with the focus on the foot-pedal interface.
You will learn about the enhanced fit protocol, the interaction of the human anatomy with the most complex contact point: cycling shoe, footbed, pedal system, and crank.
We present various real-world bike fitting cases to create an understanding of stability and the optimal force transfer to avoid overuse injuries and gain performance. This online education series is created with an application-oriented approach. We will teach the interpretation of pressure mapping and force-time plots in professional cycling analysis.
- Biomechanics in terms of comfort and performance
- Pedaling technique analysis: Force time plots in Cycling
- The effect of shoe construction and crank length on comfort and performance
- How to determine (and solve) the cause of knee pain in Cycling
- Cycling-specific footbeds – myths and evidence
- Bike fitters
- Sports scientists
- Cycling & triathlon coaches
- Cycling retailers
Online course structure:
- 5 webinar sessions à 60 minutes + online test
- Dates 2020: May 5th, May 12th, May 19th, May 26th, June 2nd
- Time: 16:00 (Central European Summer Time – CEST)
- Course language: English
- Limited access, but we will increase the number of participants due to the global situation regarding Corona virus
Upon successful completion of the ISCO Online Series ”Contact Point Biomechanics 2” participants reach the respective CPB 2 certification.